Hi! I’m Candace Blanchette, licensed massage therapist and owner of Helotes Therapeutic Massage & Movement. My mission is to help people overcome their pain, reach their fitness goals, and increase their overall sense of well-being. I help educate my clients on how to achieve these results through regular bodywork, lifestyle changes, and healthy movement.
In 2010, I transitioned from my career in Culinary Management to the massage industry to achieve a better work-life balance. After a serious whiplash injury, I began studying various clinical modalities to learn how to heal my chronic headaches, neck, and shoulder pain. I learned as much as I could about healing and the body, incorporating it into my practice, all while maintaining an active yoga practice.
In 2016, I became a single mom of two preschoolers. Within a year, I received my license as a Massage Instructor, my 200-hour Pilates Instructor certification, and was extensively trained in Thai massage (over 60 hours of hands-on time). I began working with myself and others to rehabilitate chronic pain resulting from improper movement patterns and injury.
In 2018, I was diagnosed with an aggressive type of breast cancer at stage 3. I underwent chemotherapy, radiation, and targeted immunotherapy, followed by a total bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. I utilize this incredible experience in my practice to help others who have been affected by a cancer diagnosis, either themselves or with a loved one, to heal through compassionate therapeutic touch and rehabilitation techniques.
- LMT #112619, 2011
- ABMP member #1059082, 2014
- MT Instructor #3320, 2016
- Peak Pilates level 1 Instructor #192567, 2017
- Fitour Advanced Group Ex Instructor #219601, 2018
- Fitour Foam Rolling Certification, 2018
- Fitour Barre Instructor, 2019
- 70 CE hours in clinical neuromuscular therapy
- 60 CE hours in therapeutic Thai massage
- 56 CE hours in myofascial Ashiatsu massage
- 30 CE hours in Barefoot Yomassage
- 24 CE hours in advanced anatomy & kinesiology
- 16 CE hours in Fijian barefoot massage
- 12 CE hours in chair massage
- 6 CE hours in prenatal massage
- 6 CE hours in cupping therapy